Saturday, September 6, 2008

Solve your own issues!

Something that I've seen a lot of lately, and I don't quite understand. People get so caught up in stressing out or getting mad about other peoples problems. They can only think of what is wrong with other people. The sad part is that most of the time they preach at these people, telling them to change when they themselves can't change.

I used to be in denial about a lot of things. But as I grew up... between the ages of 18-20 (It means your an adult, and should act like one) I realized there were a lot of things wrong with me. And not in a depressing way, in a good growing/ self aware way. Sometimes the truth does hurt, I know... but isn't it better to be finally free of it then to be in pain from hiding it all the time? So as God showed me the things I needed to work on... such as forgiveness, anger, judgement(still working on that one) and understanding. I started to ask God for help and wisdom, that I could overcome these things to be a better person in Christ. I have seen defeat over a lot of things in my way of life from that. I constantly ask God "where can I improve, show me what I need to change".

You see, you can't tell other people to change if you can't even recognize your own issues. I think that people are focusing in on other peoples problems because they can't face their own. They don't want to think about it. Because they can't handle the fact that they are no better then the person that bugs them like crazy. Its a defence mechanism. But your only hurting yourself. You get so overwhelmed by taking on other peoples stuff and then your emotions run wild and your life is just one big mish mash of crap.

I realize that it can be hard to change. I know front hand what its like. And it wont happen overnight either. As Joyce Meyers says it "over the years you add knots, and it will take time to undo all those tight knots." But if you ask God to show you what you need to do, I guarantee that you will automatically see a huge improvement. So just think before you get upset over someone elses issue. Its not your life, it's their problem so you don't have to dwell on it. First ask God for help and when you have overcome something then you can use it for good and help and encourage others.

If you haven't changed, don't expect others to. Plain and simple.
(p.s. that doesn't mean you can't be an amazing person and give a listening ear, or a shoulder to cry on... but it certainly doesn't mean you have to carry it past that. That's what God's for... to carry our burdens.)

No comments: